November is traditionally considered the New Years of Japanese Tea World. Participate as a guest of this auspicious celebration at an exclusive “beginner’s tea gathering”.
Enjoy the atmosphere of a traditional tea house, surrounded by a tranquil garden. Experienced tea practitioners will guide you through basic procedures and explain tearoom etiquette in English.
- Waiting room Welcome drink (Loose leaf tea). Screening of Matcha production video.
- Japanese garden Purifying passage to the tea encounter
- The tea room Partaking of Matcha and Japanese sweets
- Workshop Learning how to whisk Matcha tea.
Limited capacity to 6 guests per session
Saturday, November 11th, 2019
The1st session: 10:00 to 12:00
The 2nd session: 13:30 to 15:30
*Please arrive 10 minutes earlier.
Both sessions have been fully booked. Thank you for your participation. (Nov. 5th, 2019)
Next Seasonal Tea Gathering coming soon in Spring 2020.
West side of Koromonotana, North of Sanjo, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto
A five-minute walk from subway station Karasuma Oike (K08, T13)
4,000 yen per person
* Special gift for those who wear Kimono
Reservations (Emails): firstname.lastname@example.org