November is traditionally considered the New Years of Japanese Tea World. Participate as a guest of this auspicious celebration at an exclusive “beginner’s tea gathering”.
Enjoy the atmosphere of a traditional tea house, surrounded by a tranquil garden. Experienced tea practitioners will guide you through basic procedures and explain tearoom etiquette in English.
- Waiting room Refreshing tea service & Matcha video
- Japanese garden Purifying passage to the tea encounter
- The tea room Partaking of Matcha
- Workshop Learning how to whisk Matcha tea. Milling Matcha with a traditional stone mill
Limited capacity per session.
Please wear a mask as a precaution to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Wednesday, November 3rd, 2021
The 1st session: 10:00 to 12:00
The 2nd session: 13:30 to 15:30
*Please arrive 10 minutes earlier.
Both sessions are fully booked. Thank you for your participation! (Update: Oct. 11th)
Next Seasonal Tea Gathering coming up in Spring 2022.
Westside of Koromonotana, North of Sanjo, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto
A five-minute walk from subway station Karasuma Oike (K08, T13)
4,000 yen per person
* Special gift for those who wear Kimono
Reservations / Inquiries (Emails):